Player Piano Songs: What year? Significance?

Wherein we discuss all manner of the beautiful world and creation of Nolan and Joy..
mr_rabbit
Site Admin

Player Piano Songs: What year? Significance?

Post by mr_rabbit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08 am

So as I was obsessively listening to the music this morning, it hit me. I think Jonathan Nolan (Jonah to Redditors & Fans) deliberately had Djawadi choose songs from a certain period. Perhaps to place the creation of Westworld (the first world, btw) in a certain time..

Without further ado:
  • Black Hole Sun - Released May 1994
  • Heart-Shaped Box - Released Aug 1993
  • No Surprises - Released Jan 1998
  • Fake Plastic Trees - Released May 1995
To confuse things a bit, there are a couple renditions done by Vitamin String Quartet, which focuses on classical instrument tributes of rock / pop songs.
  • Motion Picture Soundtrack (Radiohead) - Released 2000 (BUT as noted in http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=8750 Radiohead started writing this in 1987 around the same time as "Creep, and first performed it in 1996. The song lost a verse and underwent major changes by the time it made to Kid A.)
  • Something I Can Never Have (Nine Inch Nails) - Released 1989

Parviz83

Re: Player Piano Songs: What year? Significance?

Post by Parviz83 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 am

Now i wonder if there were differnt songs during the diffrwnt tume periods. Diring the man in black scrnrs were there sobgs from a later time period?

mr_rabbit
Site Admin

Re: Player Piano Songs: What year? Significance?

Post by mr_rabbit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Oh crap!

I didn't think of that. That's the sort of stuff I think Nolan would probably LOVE to do!! :shock: :?: